Wednesday, October 17, 2012

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY! WELCOME BABY MILO MORRISON PALMER!!!!!!!

Wow! Oh my goodness what a day!  I just got home from loving on the sweetest, most precious beautiful baby boy (no I am not partial at ALL!) in the world! The past two days have been a whirlwind of blessings and two of the best ever!

This time last year we were starting the adoption process within just a few weeks of our best friends Clay and Lauren Palmer. We were so excited when we realized that God had placed us on this journey at the same time and that we would be able to raise our firstborn's together. We spent hours talking about adoption and all things baby. We were even more amazed when we realized that God had laid on their hearts to be open to all races (they particularly had a soft spot for AA babies) during the same time He was speaking to our hearts about adopting from Ethiopia! So not only do we get to raise our children together, but we get to experience the beauty and the challenges of trans-racial adoption together as well. It has been and incredible blessing to grow closer together as friends and to be able to be on this journey together. Even though we started the process around the same time, Clay and Lauren have been officially waiting for their little nugget since January and we knew that "the call" could happen at any moment, but nothing could prepare me for what God had so beautifully designed.

Yesterday evening, I saw Lauren calling my phone while I was at work so I almost didn't answer it, but I thought, she knows I'm at work so something must be wrong. It didn't even cross my mind that I was getting " THE CALL". So I picked up and Lauren said, "So are you ready to be a god-parent.  I asked her when and she told me TOMORROW! I'm pretty sure I yelled shut-up so loudly they heard me all over the office. Then the official glorious freak out began. I'm still so excited I can hardly stand it! I really have no idea what I will do when we get "the call" for ourselves...lol!  I couldn't sleep last night and even when I did I dreamed about meeting Milo!

Today has been one of those days that you never forget. We got to see the miracle of adoption is first-hand and this incredible work that God has and is doing in all of our lives. I've been on this crazy emotional high all day and I've been crying tears of joy just overwhelmed and the goodness of our Lord. All is well and my heart is full.

Milo is so precious and Lauren and Clay are already AMAZING parents! They are doing great and getting settled in as a new family of three. 

There is so much more that I need to catch you guys up on but I will save that super long update post for another day ( hopefully this weekend). ;).

Please join us in prayer for Clay, Lauren, and Milo and their family as they start this wonderful new chapter in their lives. Also, please pray for Milo's birth mother. I can't imagine the grief and pain she must be experiencing but I am forever grateful for her courage to choose life and to choose adoption.

Much Love,
Christen

No comments:

Post a Comment