Sunday, October 23, 2011

Money Money Money Money.......Money!

Wow! That is pretty much all I have right now. We are still just completely blown away by the support we have received from everyone. One of the first questions that people have asked us is "How much is this adoption gonna cost?".

.....GULP.................

$25,000.00 - $30,000.00

.....GULP.........................

Yep. It is that much, and yes, it is a shame that it cost that much to adopt a starving child with no home. HOWEVER, "...Once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12.

There is no doubt that God has called us to adopt from Ethiopia and there is no doubt that HE will provide the funds to do so. With that said, we have alot of work to do.

Some of you may be aware that Eric is available to speak at any event; DNOW's, youth camps, retreats, fill in on a Wed. or Sun. etc. EVERY dime that he is paid to do so goes directly into our adoption fund. So, to all of our minister homies, HIT US UP PLEASE!

Also, in an effort to earn extra income for our adoption I have become a Mary Kay sales consultant.This is a total God thing and I am so super excited about it. Many of you know my love for make-up and all things skin care...lol :) so this is a great fit for me! I worked for Precsriptives and Clinque all thru college and one of my favorite parts was doing make-up for weddings, prom, pageants, etc. So if any of you ladies need a make-up artist for any event, I'm your girl and I will come to you! LADIES, my debut party is November 5th at 6pm at the following address. If you don't need any make-up or skin care right now, come anyway! I would love for you to come visit, eat some great food and hear all about our adoption story (thus far).

302 Patrick Rd. Hattiesburg, MS 39401

Finally, several people have asked how they can donate to our adoption so we added the chipin link to our blog. We've tried it out and it works so if you would like to make a donation just click on the financial support link to the right on this page! This is such a God sized task and every dime helps out!

As we filled out more paperwork tonight, reveiwed all the cost, and signed our names on the dotted line, I was reminded again of my life verse "He who called you is FAITHFUL, and He WILL do it" 1 Thessalonians 5:24.

Hugs and Kisses,
Christen

1 comment:

  1. I want to come Christen! Inbox me directions please ma'am.
    Emily Murphy

    ReplyDelete