Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful Mother's out there!


Yesterday Eric and I had the pleasure of getting to spend the ENTIRE day with both our sweet Mom's!! We had lunch with both my parent's and dinner at Eric's Moms house. I always feel like Mother's Day is generally an  EPIC fail on my part b/c our Mom's are so awesome that no gift is really adequate and a card certainly doesn't do it justice. Both of our Mom's have been incredibly supportive throughout our adoption process and we could never thank them enough for everything they for us! We love you both so much!!

Mom and I at Lunch!


Even though Eric and I had an awesome day with our family and friends, Mother's Day really took on a new meaning for me this year. I think about our child's birth mother often but yesterday I couldn't get her out of my mind. Does she even know she's pregnant yet? Is she scared? Is she grieving from giving her child up? Is she still a child herself? Was she raped or in love? Is she stricken in poverty or will she die giving birth? I will have a connection with this person for the rest of my life and I have to say that it may be one of the craziest things about our adoption. This is a woman whom I will likely never meet, but she will or has already given birth to my child and she will always have a piece of my heart. I love her already and if choosing life is a choice she is making I am forever in debt to her. I hope that I can raise our child in a way that is worthy of the sacrifice she is making. I pray for her often. I pray for her salvation and I pray that there is someone in her life to show her the love of Christ and that no matter what the situation is that leads to this adoption that she will know that she is loved by her Father. I will probably always's wonder about her, wonder where she is and how she is doing. I will always pray and trust God for her salvation, for her health and her safety. I know that these question's in my head about my child's birth mother are never really going to go away and I'm totally ok with that. To be honest I'm not even sure I would want them to. Adoption is real, and it's hard, and it always, always comes from loss. We should never pretend that it doesn't. I always want to honor her and she will always be apart of our lives. In all my questions and wondering I do know this for sure, "That ALL Things Work Together for the Good of Those who Love God and are Called According to His Purpose."- Romans 8:28. I know that adoption parenting is going to be tough, but I know without a doubt that this is God's plan for our lives and I am sooooooo incredibly excited to get to experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment